Post Reply  Post Thread 

Bad news for TKR
frd1
I want 6 stars!

Group: Registered
Sad  Bad news for TKR

Just saw this bad news;

The racing season for Team Kiwi Racing may have come to a premature end after their car was destroyed in a high speed accident at the Supercheap Bathurst 1000 today.

The sole New Zealand team in the V8 Supercar Championship had worked their way through to the field to challenge the top-10 until Paul Radisich suffered a heavy crash on lap 72 of the 161-lap race at Mt Panorama.

He was attempting to avoid the second Supercheap Auto car of Paul Weel that had run wide, forcing Radisich into the dirt after the Chase at the fastest part of the circuit. Radisich had no way of slowing the car as it crashed heavily into the tyre wall at 200kph and on finished on its side.

The car was destroyed with officials forced to cut the roll cage to extricate Radisich, who was taken to hospital as a precautionary move after suffering bruising from his safety harness and complaining of a sore back.

“He is otherwise fine and was conversing with us,” said Team Kiwi Racing owner David John. “It was unavoidable really and Paul had no choice.

“It was such a shame because we were going very strongly. Paul was really upbeat today and felt we had a very good race package. I am sure we were looking at a top-10 finish.”

However the news is not so good for the rest of their season.

“We are a one-car team and this car has been totally destroyed by the accident and in cutting the roll cage to get Paul out. There’s not much we can salvage.

“There’s an issue both with the time it would take to build a new car and the pretty significant cost that is most definitely not in our budget.

“The team are devastated really. We’ve put so much in and were going so well. And now for something that was not our fault, it could mean the end of the season. Frankly I can’t see us being able to do a lot with the resources in hand.”

Mr John said it was a testament to his car designers and builders that it was able to withstand such a heavy impact.

09-10-2006 05:49 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Unclejakenz
Inaccurate but wrong

RE: Bad news for TKR

This monring's news advised that Radisich had a broken anxle as a result of the crash.

I wonder if that is correct.

09-10-2006 10:32 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
quickbuck
Almost the Slight one

Yep, I heard he broke an ankle too. Amazing what hurts when the adrelinian and morphine wear off...

I wish Paul a good recovery, and hopefully Team Kiwi can put their resources into the Ford for next year.
Will be a shame that they are not at Indy, but that is Motor racing.

Unless I'm very much mistaken - Wait, I am very much mistaken. - Murray Walker.
09-10-2006 03:56 PM
frd1
I want 6 stars!

David John the team owner is in urgent talks with sponsors at the moment to attempt to salvage the season. If he doesn't succeed they may lose their V8 license!

09-10-2006 05:02 PM
quickbuck
Almost the Slight one

Ouch, that would suck.

Unless I'm very much mistaken - Wait, I am very much mistaken. - Murray Walker.
09-10-2006 05:09 PM
kezza23
I am The Stig

Just in case you hadn't heard the extra rumours regarding the TKR/Ford deal.

After TKR announced the deal Holden went to great lengths to make life difficult for TKR. They withdrew the drive cars supplied by Holden NZ, Holden NZ stopped paying Radisich and they also withdrew engineering and parts support. I've even heard that Holden approached some teams and encouraged them not to lease a car to TKR so that TKR could fulfill its obligation of putting a car on track. If so it seems Paul Morris ignored them (he's has a history of getting slightly offside with his manufacturer) and supplied the spare chassis to David John.

Petty & underhand?

The outspoken Kayne Scott announces that he's going to buy a Falcon because they are quicker and we don't hear boo about any problems with Holden. I doubt that the current champ would keep silent if there were, it's not his style. So he can quit on Holden but not David John. Methinks TKR made the right decision.

8 = Good Luck. 8+8+8 + Roland Dane = TRAITOR
24-01-2007 10:16 AM
frd1
I want 6 stars!

RE:  Bad news for TKR

kezza23 Wrote:

Just in case you hadn't heard the extra rumours regarding the TKR/Ford deal.

After TKR announced the deal Holden went to great lengths to make life difficult for TKR. They withdrew the drive cars supplied by Holden NZ, Holden NZ stopped paying Radisich and they also withdrew engineering and parts support. I've even heard that Holden approached some teams and encouraged them not to lease a car to TKR so that TKR could fulfill its obligation of putting a car on track. If so it seems Paul Morris ignored them (he's has a history of getting slightly offside with his manufacturer) and supplied the spare chassis to David John.

Petty & underhand?

The outspoken Kayne Scott announces that he's going to buy a Falcon because they are quicker and we don't hear boo about any problems with Holden. I doubt that the current champ would keep silent if there were, it's not his style. So he can quit on Holden but not David John. Methinks TKR made the right decision.

I would believe a company that orchestrated what happened at the final round of the championship would stop at nothing to shaft TKR. By the same token David would do well to communicate with some people in a more professional manner..........

24-01-2007 10:22 AM
kezza23
I am The Stig

I don't think Holden orchestrated anything, I think this was just TollHSV. Several drivers, like Murphy, tried to help Rick by offering advice but I doubt there was anything beyond TollHSV in terms of what Tander did. If TEGA found any evidence that there was you could expect some major warnings being issued to the manufacturers as well as the teams. Look at the backlash aimed at Ferrari after what they did.

And there two are different companies, TKR is supported by Holden NZ not Holden Aust. A mag printed a list of drivers contracted direct to both Ford & Holden and there was no Radisich. That's because Holden NZ was paying him not Holden in Australia. It was also Holden NZ that provided and withdrew the drive cars. The same Holden NZ that Kayne Scott has spoken about dumping yet has received no backlash. While David may have given Holden the message in a less than professional way I can't imagine Kayne being anymore professional than David, he certainly isn't when complaining about the Fords.

8 = Good Luck. 8+8+8 + Roland Dane = TRAITOR
24-01-2007 08:40 PM
clark5901

Thanks for the nice information in the post...

clark
01-02-2013 05:33 PM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: