Post Reply  Post Thread 

did you watch that new fishing programme
jimmi two hats
in dog we thrust

Group: Registered
did you watch that new fishing programme

on 3, by the end of the show i was glad it was over, the voice over guy gave me the excrements. Its pretty much a copy of one on sky which is just like the ice truckers, lots of hype and bugger all else

trust him he knows what he's doing
04-03-2009 07:33 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
peteb2
Doesn't Stand Fools Lightly

RE: did you watch that new fishing programme

Yip, my old man was Commercial Fishing outta Whitianga on the Coromandel through the 1950s to mid 1970s. He'd owned it all, the Big Game thing to the crayfish/ long lining then onto a trawler. Fantastic life for a kid (me) come school holidays going to sea and oh the memories.

So when i knew the show was on TV3 i made sure 'ole Dad watched. Well, even he said a big so bloody what and how much the hype is such a put off. The result he won't be busting butt to watch anymore.

Bit of a booboo there whoever made the show. Us Kiwis don't tend to appreciate the American hoo-plah formula approach like in Icetruckers and NorthSea Crab docos when it's about our own backyard especially when we've been in the industry and this is a sensationalized presentation. It just comes across as a big w@nk.

"That 'ole bugger was as much use as a chocolate radiator".
08-03-2009 01:18 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Unclejakenz
Inaccurate but wrong

I don't have a TV but it does not sound like I missed much.

In other news I headed out in the weekend and shipped a green one over the bow. The fish bin nearly floated overboard - probably close to half a tonne of water on board.

Oh how we laughed

*omg arses clenched, hit the bilge pump, deploy the scupper ASAP, excrement there goes another one over the bow, we might not get away with this..... we did.*

09-03-2009 09:18 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
jake3hoover

I regularly watch it.
It is now one of my favorite. Liked the story very much.

same day courier
01-07-2011 10:43 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: